What is Flavour Ghosting?
Flavour ghosting, also known as flavour creep, is one of the most common frustrations for vapers who use e-liquid. But what exactly is flavour ghosting and what can vapers do to counter its effects?
What does Flavour Ghosting mean?
Simply put, flavour ghosting describes occasions when you can detect a previously-used flavour when vaping a new flavour. So, for example, if you’ve previously vaped Cherry and then switch over to Blueberry, you’re experiencing flavour ghosting if you can taste hints of the Cherry in the Blueberry. Flavour Ghosting is something only experienced by those who use e-liquid when you’re using refills, as to disposables, you just throw away what you’ve previously used. But what can e-liquid vapers do to stop flavour ghosting?
How do I prevent Flavour Ghosting?
The key to avoiding flavour ghosting is good e-cigarette maintenance. If you’re experiencing flavour ghosting, clean your device’s clearomiser thoroughly and carefully to ensure any remnants of previous flavours are washed away. A good method for cleaning the blu PRO® Kit is listed below.
- Lay out a few paper towels on a flat surface in your kitchen, bathroom, or wherever you have a sink and running water available, and keep some spare.
- Take your blu PRO® Kit apart by unscrewing the mouthpiece from the clearomiser and the clearomiser from the battery. This will leave the three core parts of your blu PRO® Kit as separate entities.
- Turn on your tap at a low level so there’s a gentle stream of warm water coming out.
- Swill out your mouthpiece to remove any lingering flavours. Dry with one of your paper towels and leave it standing up on the paper towels you’ve laid out.
- Place your clearomiser under the running water until it’s filled with water.
- Place your thumb over the top of the clearomiser and shake for a few seconds. Empty the water and repeat the step 3-5 times or until the water you’re pouring out of the clearomiser stops being cloudy – the cloudier the water the more e-liquid there is in the clearomiser.
- Once done, scrunch up a kitchen towel sheet into a long, thin pipe. Gently push this down into the clearomiser to soak up remaining water droplets. Perform this action until you’ve removed as much of the water as you can.
- Place the clearomiser on one of the paper sheets, face down, so the device is standing on its open end. This will allow the remaining water to drip down and get soaked up by the towel.
It’s best to perform this method before you go to bed, that way you can leave your clearomiser to dry overnight and it’ll be ready to use in the morning. Just reattach the clearomiser to the battery, pour in your new e-liquid, and screw the mouthpiece back to the top of your clearomiser and you’re ready to go.