What is a Clearomiser?
There are a lot of different phrases thrown around when it comes to e-cigarettes, and if you’re new to vaping it can all get a little overwhelming. One such term is clearomiser, which is an important part of any Open System e-cigarette. On this page we’ll take a look at what a clearomiser is, what it does and how to use of it.
A clearomiser is the section of an e-cigarette where e-liquid is stored and converted into vapour. Similar components of other e-cigarette and Vape Mods can be called atomisers or cartomisers (the latter of these often being identical except for a clear plastic pane on the side), although it’s worth bearing in mind that these work in a slightly different way. A clearomiser is made up of a few main parts:
- Cartridge - where the e-liquid is held
- Mouthpiece - where the vapour is inhaled from
- Coil - heats the e-liquid and converts it into vapour
- Wick - made from silica, absorbs the e-liquid from the cartridge to be heated by the coil
How Does a Clearomiser Work?
The e-liquid that sits inside the clearomiser is absorbed through the wick and delivered to the coil. When the battery is activated, the coil turns on and heats the e-liquid, converting it into vapour which can then be inhaled through the mouthpiece. The blu PRO® Clearomisers have optimised coil resistance which creates a smooth vape with a fresh taste. The blu PRO® Clearomisers have a top-filling clear window to help vapers easily top up their e-liquid as it begins to run low.
The blu PRO® Clearomiser also has a refined battery connection which means that the vape lasts much longer.
How do I Use My Clearomiser?
Refilling a clearomiser is quick and easy, and can be done by following these steps:
- Unscrew the mouthpiece and open the e-liquid bottle.
- Gently fill the clearomiser with e-liquid. Use the clear window to monitor the amount of e-liquid in the clearomiser. Do not overfill.
- Carefully replace the lid on the e-liquid and screw the mouthpiece back onto the clearomiser.
- Screw the clearomiser onto the battery.
- Allow a few moments for the liquid to settle.
When refilling the clearomiser it is important the e-liquid does not get into the central tube. This can lead to flooding, where the heating coil is overwhelmed with e-liquid. This can lead to poor vapour production and gives the vape a bad flavour. To avoid flooding simply tilt the cartridge and fill against the side of the clearomiser.
If you are the type of vaper that enjoys vaping multiple flavours, it is recommended that you have different clearomisers for each flavour. Using the same clearomiser with different types of e-liquid can lead to flavour ghosting. This happens when the flavour of the previous e-liquid lingers and creates a strange tasting vape.
It is advised that vapers change their clearomisers after every 10 refills as after a while the components will start to work less efficiently. A few ways that this can be noticed include less vapour production and a weaker flavour.