What is a Clearomizer?
A clearomizer is the section of an e-cigarette where e-liquid is stored and converted into vapor. Similar components of other e-cigarettes can be called atomizers or cartomizers (the latter of these often being identical except for a clear plastic pane on the side), although it’s worth bearing in mind that these work in a slightly different way.
A clearomizer is made up of a few main parts:
- Tank - where the e-liquid is held
- Mouthpiece - where the vapor is inhaled from
- Coil - heats the e-liquid and converts it into vapor
- Wick - made from silica, absorbs the e-liquid from the tank to be heated by the coil
How Does a Clearomizer Work?
The e-liquid that sits inside the clearomizer is absorbed through the wick and delivered to the coil. When the battery is activated, the coil turns on and heats the e-liquid, converting it into vapor which can then be inhaled through the mouthpiece.
blu PRO™ Clearomizers have optimized coil resistance which creates a smooth vape with a fresh taste as well as a top-filling clear window to help vapers easily top up their e-liquid as it begins to run low. blu PRO™ Clearomizers also have a refined battery connection which means that the vape lasts much longer.
How do I Use My Clearomizer?
Refilling a clearomizer is quick and easy, and can be done by following these steps:
- Unscrew the mouthpiece and open the e-liquid bottle.
- Gently fill the clearomizer with e-liquid. Use the clear window to monitor the amount of e-liquid in the clearomizer. Do not overfill.
- Carefully replace the lid on the e-liquid and screw the mouthpiece back onto the clearomizer.
- Screw the clearomizer onto the battery.
- Allow a few moments for the liquid to settle.
When refilling the clearomizer it is important the the e-liquid does not get into the central tube. This can lead to flooding, where the heating coil is overwhelmed with e-liquid. This can lead to poor vapor production and gives the vape a bad flavor. To avoid flooding simply tilt the tank and fill against the side of the clearomizer.
If you are the type of vaper that enjoys vaping multiple flavors, it is recommended that you have different clearomizers for each flavor. Using the same clearomizer with different types of e-liquid can lead to Flavor Ghosting. This happens when the flavor of the previous e-liquid lingers and creates a strange tasting vape.
It is advised that vapers change their clearomizers after every 10 refills as after a while the components will start to work less efficiently. A few ways that this can be noticed include less vapor production and a weaker flavor. In the meantime, clearomizers can be kept in good working condition by cleaning in between refills, and this can be done by rinsing the clearomizer with warm water.