Are Rechargeable Devices safe?
Yes, when properly cared for and used as recommended.
blu recommends storing your Rechargeable Device in your pack when not in use. This protects the Rechargeable Device from puncture and heat exposure. If you notice any damage to your Rechargeable Device, stop using it immediately and discard it.
To discard a damaged Rechargeable Device, follow this process:
- Make sure the Rechargeable Device has cooled down and is not charged. For safety reasons, if the Rechargeable Device is physically damaged, DO NOT continue using it to deplete the charge. Simply continue to step 2.
- In a bucket or container, make a salt water mix. You should add ½ cup of salt for every gallon of water.
- Drop the Rechargeable Device into the water. If possible, cover the bucket or container with a lid.
- Let the Rechargeable Device sit for two weeks.
- When ready, take the Rechargeable Device out of the salt water, wrap it in newspaper or paper towels, and place it in the normal trash. The Rechargeable Device is now landfill safe.