How the blu PRO® Kit Works
If you've bought the blu PRO® Kit, you need to understand exactly how it works and how to get the most out of it. On this page, we explain everything there is to know about your new acquisition.
What's in the blu PRO® Kit.
Your blu PRO® Kit is an Open System e-cigarette, meaning it needs to be refilled with e-liquid. (A Closed System e-cigarette, on the other hand, cannot be refilled with e-liquid; instead it uses cartridges that are prefilled with e-liquid and packaged).
The blu PRO Kit contains:
- A: 1 x blu PRO® Battery (1100mah)
- B: 1 x blu PRO® Clearomizer
- C: 1 x 10 ml blu®Liquid bottle of blu® Tobacco 2.4% nicotine
- D: 1 x blu “Safe-Charge” USB charging cable
Your battery will arrive partially charged so that you can get going straight away. All you have to do is fill and prime your blu PRO® Clearomizer before using it.
Filling the clearomizer
The blu PRO clearomizer comes with a top filling reservoir to make it easier to refill without spilling. However, this does not rule out the possibility of spillages, so lay out paper towels in the area where you're refilling to catch any e-liquid that doesn't go in the clearomizer. If any e-liquid does spill, mop it up immediately.
e-liquid is harmful if swallowed or if it comes in contact with skin. It may cause long lasting harmful effects to aquatic life, and users should wash their hands thoroughly after handling and avoid release to the environment.
IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water.
Keep out of reach of children. Dispose of contents/container to the local waste disposal company.
Once you're ready, refill your clearomizer using the process below.
1. Unscrew the mouthpiece from the top of the clearomizer.
2. Place the nozzle of the liquid bottle against the inside wall of the clearomizer. Be sure avoid the center tube of the clearomizer.
3. Squeeze the liquid bottle until the liquid reaches the top of the triangle in the clear window on the clearomizer. Do not fill past the top of the triangle.
4. Screw the mouthpiece back onto the clearomizer and attach to the top of the battery.
5. Before using your PRO device or activating the battery, prime your clearomizer by taking a few quick, short puffs in order to saturate the wick.
You should replace your PRO clearomizer after every 10 liquid fills to ensure a consistent quality experience.
How to Prime Your Clearomizer
In the blu PRO® clearomizer there's a wick and a coil. Wicks are used to soak up the e-liquid and feed it to the coil, which provides the heat that vapourizes it. When a clearomizer has been freshly refilled, the e-liquid needs to coat into the wicks. Wicks that have not been sufficiently coated with e-liquid can produce an unpleasant burnt taste when the user starts vaping.
To reduce the chances of a “burnt” taste, the user can prime their clearomizer just before after a new refill. To do this, take a number of quick, short puffs from your blu PRO® device, without actually turning it on. This will not produce any vapour, but it will soak the wicks in e-liquid and help reduce the initial “burnt” taste that some users may experience.
How do I start Vaping?
Once you've filled the clearomizer and primed your blu PRO® device, you can start vaping. To do this, you first need to activate your device, which can be done as follows.
1. To turn your battery on, push the circular button 5 times in quick succession. The lights on the button and the battery tip will flash 3 times to show the device is on.
2. Push and hold the button every time you want to vape. The light will come on as you push the button.
3. When you want to turn your device off, quickly press the button 5 times again. The same lights will flash 3 times to show the device has switched off. You’ll know your blu PRO® device is off when no light will come on when you push the button.
Once you’ve fully charged your blu PRO® and connected the clearomizer, you are ready to begin.
To use your blu PRO, complete the following steps:
1.Push the button 5 times in quick succession. The button and battery will flash 3 times to show that your blu PRO is activated.
2.Push and hold the button on your blu PRO each time you take a puff. The button will light as you press it. While holding the button, inhale slowly and deeply. This will vapourize the liquid, allowing you to inhale and exhale vapor.
3.To turn off your blu PRO, push the button 5 times in quick succession. Your blu PRO will flash 3 times to indicate that it has been turned off. To verify that your blu PRO is inactive, press the button on the battery. If the battery button does not light, the device is turned off.
When the button flashes red, your blu PRO needs to be recharged.
How do I charge the blu PRO® battery?
When the button on your blu PRO® flashes red, this indicates that the device needs to be recharged. There is also an indicator on the front of the battery that displays the amount of remaining charge left in the battery.
To charge your blu PRO®, complete the following steps:
1. Plug the USB cable into a USB-compatible device.
2. Plug the USB cable into the charging port on the side of the device.
3. The button and tip of your blu PRO® will initially blink 3 times and stay lit to indicate that the battery is charging. Once the device is fully charged the tip will blink red and turn blue. It will take approximately 3 hours to charge blu PRO.
4. After charging, your blu PRO® the button and tip will blink 20 times before the device inactivates.
Note: Do not leave the battery attached to the charging cable longer than 24 hours.
Charging Warning: Do not use any charging device that has not been created by blu, and do not charge for an extended period. Charging options and accessories for blu products can be found on www.blu.com.
And that’s how it’s done. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit the Customer Service section.